Every time we read a book, there is a phrase or a single word waiting to change our lives. In my case, I could say hundreads of book quotes, but I’ll just share five with you in this post (just for now). Let’s start:
- “He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables.
This is a huge book with a big amount of knowledge, with very strong and complex characters, very human, very everything! And this particular quote is oneof my faves, since I’m a total bookworm as M. Mabeuf was. I think it always happens to me when I come back from the bookstore XD.
2. “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games.
You don’t have to read this Trilogy to know the powerful meaning behind this quote. We never forget the acts of kindness that thepeople we love, or maybe a stranger, do for us just when we need it. Perhaps we too could be a someone’s last hope, help them, show them we care about them.
3. “Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before–more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
― Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.
As you know (or in case you don’t know yet) I’m Dicken’s number one fan. I love all his works and gosh I could write a book about how much I love Dickens XD. My favorite book from him (in case I haven’t told you before) is Great Expectations. This book is rich of wise quotes, but this one above with big letters, is special for me.
How true it is! We should never be ashamed of crying, of our tears. It is relieving, it is human. As a person who has suffered from depression and anxiety, I can advise you: Cry when you feel the need. When you can’t take it anymore, it will make you feel better, and you will let out all that makes you feel bad. Then you will feel how everything takes its course. You will feel relieved and think more clearly. So, never be ashamed of your tears 🙂
4. “We always think there’s enough time to do things with other people. Time to say things to them. And then something happens and then we stand there holding on to words like ‘if’.”
― Fredrik Backman, A man called Ove.
I read this book the past year in the right moment of my life. I highly recommend this book to every human being in this world. READ IT! You would never regret!
5. “I suppose most things in a person’s life are good for a while, even if that doesn’t last very long. Maybe that is why, even after something has gone wrong, we spend so much time trying to fix it. Because we remember when it wasn’t broken.”
― Claire Legrand,
This is another book I read this past year and read it in the right time as well as A man called Ove. I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars on goodreads, and this is just one of the meaningful quotes this book has. It was my first reading of Legrand and i left me with the sensations that needed more. So this year I’ll be looking forward to include more books from Legrand on my TBR list.
That was all for this time. Thanks for reading! ❤ (And of course there would be another top five of favorite quotes in the future 😉 )